When choosing a massage gun there are many things to consider. It’s important to buy a massage gun that meets your personal wants and needs. Some users want a travel friendly massage gun while others are more concerned with the speed settings that are offered. Before purchasing, you should question if you plan on traveling with your massage gun, how often you will be using it, and the amount of pressure you desire. It is also a good idea to keep in mind whether battery life, weight, speed, or the option to have tech-based guidance are important to you as well.
If these are all things that are a must have on your wish list then an expensive massage gun will be worth your money, but if you can live without some of the fancy features then a less expensive model may satisfy you.
1. Theragun Prime by Therabody can be found on Amazon. This $299 massage gun is perfect for those looking for a reliable device with plenty of features and different accessory pieces. The Prime model weighs 2.2 pounds, has five attachments, five speeds, and includes a battery life of two hours.
2. Renpho R3 Massage Gun by Renpho is a more affordable model. With five attachments, five speeds and weighs 1.5 pounds it can be found on Amazon with great reviews for $99 . This is a lightweight device and may be more suitable for those who want to travel or not spend hundreds on their first message gun.
3. Fusion FX Heated Heated Percussion Massage Gun by LifePro is a more expensive massage gun with a price tag of $229 on Amazon. The Fusion FX includes unique features like providing users with a heated massage for extra relief to sore muscles. Weighing 2.16 pounds, It offers five speeds, five attachments and offers three “bonus” modes so that the user can switch up their massage approach. The Fusion FX is perfect for the user who is looking to upgrade and experience a deeper message.
4. Hypervolt Go by Hyperice is $179 to $199 on Amazon. This is another model that is perfect for an on-the-go traveler. The 1.5 pound device provides a great massage for users with chronic pain and comes with two attachments. If powerful massage guns are a must, you may want to consider another option, but users say it is enough to provide a thorough job on sore areas.
5. Hypervolt 2 by Hyperice is a 1.8 pounds message gun with a battery life of three hours. This message gun is $279 to $299 on Amazon and includes three speeds and five attachment heads. It’s size is great for travel as well, but it’s important to know the handgrip is larger than most so keep in mind whether or not that will be a drawback before purchasing.
Using a massage gun correctly can be the difference between a good massage and a great massage. Users who know how to properly use a massage gun will get a more thorough massage and get the most out of what they paid for their handheld device. Researching techniques and learning methods to relieve pain for specific areas will give you better results going forward. Here are a few tips on how to properly use a massage gun once you pick out the one that fits your needs.
Massage guns allow you to choose the speed and depth when tending to sore muscles. It’s important to listen to your body and adjust your massage gun to a setting that does not cause pain. When muscles are sore from stress or exercise, it is best to use a lower setting and use it on the area for one or two minutes. There is no need to go overboard on a high power for a long period of time. The objective of massage guns is to increase circulation after physical activity. This type of therapy brings oxygen and nutrients to fatigued muscles.
Stay away from:
• Bony areas
• Bruises and open wounds
• Areas with severe pain
• Musculoskeletal injuries such as sprains and strains
Using a massage gun every day is safe if you use proper techniques for the right amount of time. Your massage gun may come with instructions on recommended usage time for sessions. Always read about the best practices before using a new device! The overuse of a massage gun can cause sensitivity and even pain. Find a happy medium where you can receive the benefits massage guns bring while staying safe at the same time.
When relieving pain and stress on areas that are sore, the most important thing to remember is listen to your body. The best practices to use when using a message gun include:
1. Putting it on your body on sore areas with a speed that is comfortable with you. Make sure you are in control and start off slow.
2. Rest the massage gun on your body and let it float without lots of pressure.
3. Gently Guide your device along sore muscles about an inch every second or two.
4. If you experience knots in an area, rest the message gun on the area without adding extra pressure for a moment longer.
If you experience pain that massage guns don’t treat, Crafted Physical Therapy offers a personalized treatment plan for speedy recovery and results that exceed expectations. If you recently suffered an injury, call (720) 204-4567 to request a new patient appointment. Let our leading physical therapy team in Longmont Colorado help you today.